Bien de Interés Cultural con la categoría de Monumento. 1986.
The convent was founded in 1679 on the initiative of the first Marquis of Adeje, Juan Bautista de Ponte y Pagés. Due to the population and economic dynamics of this area of the island, subject to a significant degree of isolation, the number of religious was never very important, with an average of 8 or 9 friars. By 1802 the congregation had already been reduced to three clerics. After the disentailment and the closure of the convent in 1835, the convent building gradually fell into ruin and eventually disappeared. During the second half of the 19th and 20th centuries, the church, which has survived to the present day, was used as a barracks, a tomato packing house and a secondary school.
The convent church consists of a single nave that ends in a triumphal arch in stonework supported by attached columns with Corinthian capitals, which leads to the main chapel. The main façade is presided over by the coat of arms of the Marquisate, flanked by two quadrangular windows under which the main doorway opens in stone.
Attached to the church is the current Town Hall building, which was erected at the beginning of the 19th century to replace the old convent complex. This new construction corresponds to an eclectic style typical of the first decades of the century.
The convent church was acquired in 1988 by the Town Hall and since 1995 it has been used as a space for solemn ceremonies.