The origins of Guía de Isora date back to 1536 with the discovery of the image of Nuestra Señora de la luz de Guía, after which the construction of the hermitage in her honour began, around which the settlement was built.
It was a church with two naves and a bell tower until 1879, when a natural disaster seriously damaged its structure. In the following decades there were attempts at reconstruction that did not bear fruit. In 1900, its total reconstruction began, reusing materials from the previous church and conserving the 18th century construction style. The work was completed in 1902, consisting of three naves: the central nave, the nave of the epistle and the nave of the gospel. The tower was built around 1920, in eclectic style, cement and brick, and the clock was placed in the 1940s.
It houses an important heritage inside, including the sculpture of Nuestra Señora de La Luz, from the middle of the 19th century, attributed to the sculptor Fernando Estévez del Sacramento; El Santísimo Cristo de La Dulce Muerte, a Cuban sculpture from 1787; El Señor Predicador, dating from the 17th century; The Processional Cross and naveta made of silver from the 17th century and the gilded silver Monstrance from the 18th century; Jewels given to the Virgin, mostly from the 19th century, on the occasion of the cessation of the Chinyero eruption in 1909; as well as other images and paintings such as Las Ánimas del Purgatorio, La Anunciación, by Cristóbal Hernández de Quintana, Nuestra Señora del Carmen and San Jerónimo.