Asset of Cultural Interest with the category of Monument, 2017, within the Historic Site. After the distribution of land following the conquest, in 1625, the first settlers began to settle in what would later become the municipality of Arona, the first people to found the San Antonio Abad Chapel. According to historian Manuel Hernández González, it is the only religious building of historical-artistic interest, since the original chapel of San Lorenzo was demolished around 1920. Its saint is a polychrome wood carving.
The current basilica church dates from the 19th century and replaced the primitive one of smaller dimensions due to its conversion into a parish church in 1796 and the growth of the neighbourhood. The current appearance is the result of extensive reforms carried out on the original building during the following century.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the attached chapel was added, breaking the symmetry of the ground plan. The façade is flat and very simple with semicircular stone arches in the main entrance, as well as in a single window designed to illuminate the choir. The interior of the church is notable for the octagonal wooden ornaments (with eight equal angles and four alternating sides that are also equal) on the roof of the main chapel. Following neoclassicist criteria, the tile roofs are concealed on the façade. A stone belfry is located there.